- Truffle Tips
“What are the favorite areas for the truffle hunting in Umbria?”
The Norcia and Gubbio areas are better known for the black truffles as Città di Castello for the white.
However, as Umbria is regarded as one of the most interesting areas for the precious tuber, you can set up truffle hunting in the woods all across the region, better if with the assistance of a truffle hunter and the specially-trained dogs. November is the best time.
Concerning the main events for the truffle in Umbria, you have the major truffle festivals and fairs in:
- Spoleto (map) (Second, third, and fourth week-end in November);
- Norcia (map) (fourth week-end in February);
- Fabro (map) (fourth week-end in November);.
- Gubbio (map) (late October early November)
- Città di Castello (map) (early November).